What this means:
1. I am now in an immobilizing brace- mid calf to mid thigh.
2. My knee is swollen like crazy. It is the size of a grape fruit or maybe a bit larger.
3. I am taking narcotics to try to stay on top of the pain.
4. To add illness to injury, since I can't swallow pills I am taking liquid lortab- sick!
5. I am on crutches.
6. I won't be able to work for a couple weeks, at least.
7. I am not sure if I am going to still be able to go to europe this fall because I will be using a huge chunk of time off for this. I think this is what hurts the most.
8. I have given up country dancing forever.
After not sleeping much last night I got up and thought I would watch a movie. Unfortunately the DVD player is on the bottom shelf, almost at the floor and I am quite sure that I won't be able to get to it. So I laid on the couch all morning watching the nothingness that is on in the morning. Good times. If anyone has some extra time and wants to come put a movie in for me, that would be great :)
Oh and we are taking family pictures today. That ought to be fun. And I will look very nice with my big brace on.
Some pictures to curb your curiosity. They really don't do justice to the swelling. And today my knee is bruised.