Friday, June 29, 2007

Riding along

So I was on TRAX on Wednesday morning after work. I was really tired. I ran to catch the train, and ended up being about 3 seconds too late. I was almost hitting the side of the train as I ran alongside to catch the train. Well, missing the train meant that I had to wait 15 minutes for the next departure. Luckily, the next train was only about a minute away, so at least I got to sit down. I got on the train and the driver started talking to me. He said I looked good for having worked all night. He asked me where I worked, and if I had kids of my own. Essentially, we had a get-to-know-you conversation in the early morning hours. Well, I was very tired, so I set the alarm on my phone to wake me up before I needed to switch trains. I held the phone in my hand so I would feel the vibrations, and I fell asleep. There is something you need to know about the TRAX lines, the University line runs from the hospitals to the Energy Solutions Arena. The Sandy line runs from the Arena to Sandy. So, I was on the University line, and planned to change trains at the Galivan Center. I closed my eyes. The next thing I know, the nice driver was tapping me on the shoulder to tell me we were at the end of the line. I was sitting on a stopped train outside of the Energy Solutions Arena (way out of my way). At this point I was really glad that I had built a relationship with the driver so that he felt comfortable waking me up. Next time I think I will ask him to wake me up at my stop. The sad thing, the two times on the train before this, I also overslept my stop. This however, was a much longer ride than the others turned out to be. I don't think I said anything to the driver after he woke me up because I was so out of it. I might have stumbled over a "thank you" or perhaps a "oops". Very classy of me. And, the driver guy was really attractive, 20s-ish and had a great accent. Maybe I will see him again, and next time not make a fool of myself. There is always the hope.

1 comment:

Liz Johnson said...

I have always wanted to ride the train around and around and around. It sort of crushes my dream to hear that it just ends and doesn't keep going, and that you can't ride forever. Sad day.