Monday, August 11, 2008

Generalized state of my life.

I guess I should update on the knee saga.  I started physical therapy last week.  I did not cry when I hurt myself or during any of those days that things hurt so bad right at the beginning.  I did, however, cry during PT.  I think the difference is that it was self-imposed pain.  I have to do about 45 minutes of PT twice each day.  It hurts and makes my knee swell.  I am not sure if it is productive or not.  I think I am getting some strength back.  I have walked up stairs a couple times normally (while holding tight to the handrail and experiencing some pain).  Down stairs is a completely different story.

After PT last week I went over to get my new patellar brace.  The PA came in to look at my knee briefly to determine if the swelling is down enough for the new brace.  No, it is not.  I did get scolded for not wearing my immobilizer.  I don't like it.  It slides down and rests on my knee cap which happens to be painful.  He said that unless I am on very familiar ground I should be wearing my immobilizer.  I sometimes follow his advice.  I just don't like it.  I try to be very careful.  The swelling seems to be down a little, I am hoping to be able to get my new brace sometime this week.  Here's hoping.

The bruising is down quite a bit.  I don't look nearly as yucky.

I wore heels to church yesterday.  That was probably a bad idea, but they looked cute with my outfit.  I think I will stick with flats for a while longer.  In good news, I have become friends with all sorts of new people because everyone wants to talk about my leg.  They may be using me for my entertainment value.  We will have to see.

In other news, one of my best friends got married this weekend, and it was absolutely wonderful.  I went up to Idaho for the wedding.  I caught the bouquet.  I think this is number three.  Third time's a charm, right?

No comments: