Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Hike night #1

A couple friends from my ward and I went hiking tonight. Hiking here is very different than in Utah. "Mountains" is a relative term, I have come to find out. We hiked Shaw Butte tonight. I think it is about 4 miles round trip. It is pretty steep in some areas, but was really fun. We are going to try to go on a hike every week. I'm excited to explore with them.

I didn't take a camera, so I have nothing to prove that I got to the top. But the view of the city was great from up there. And I made it without feeling like I was going to die. I consider that a major win!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Yay! Hiking at night is my favorite. And to be fair, there are some Utah-sized mountains to hike, too, but only if you don't mind driving for a bit first. Four Peaks is a common one if you want a real hike as well as Picacho Peak (small-ish, but a more serious hike than anything in Phoenix), Mount Graham or Mount Lemon in Tucson. Enjoy!

Liz Johnson said...

YAY! Major major win. Hives??