I rarely make new year's resolutions. It just seems like a good way to be disappointed in myself. I know that is silly, and goals are really important and all. I set goals, they just don't coincide with a specific day of the year. Two years ago I made a New Year's resolution to make my bed everyday. I did really well for about a month. Go me. This year my resolution is to have no ER visits, and to have overall good health. Anyone who has spent much time with me knows that 2008 was not a great year- in terms of health. Otherwise the year was just fine. Sadly, I broke/sprained/badly bruised my toe on Monday. So much for this year. I have been limping ever since. It is getting better. I learned my lesson. When the sign at the playland at Del Taco says that you shouldn't get in if you are over 4 feet tall, you really shouldn't get in. And if you do, you shouldn't take your shoes off. It is just not a good idea.
2008 in review:
- lost at High School Musical DVD board game.
- voted, and was judged for it.
- Got an intestinal bug and decided I would rather have the bug than the cure.
- Spent a very large amount of money on a new computer and new camera. I love them both.
- turned 1/4 century old.
- bought a condo. And proceed to spend several weeks painting the condo.
- was mistaken for a minor (as in 14 or younger).
- saw Wicked for the second time while visiting my brother and sister-in-law and nephew.
- began getting hives at random times. Later in the year I am diagnosed with Cholinergic Urticaria. Not cool.
- have my first payed photography gig. I am not a professional.
May- moved into my condo.
- attempted to swallow a pill that then lodged in my throat for 8 hours requiring an emergency endoscopy. Subsequent diagnosis: eosinophilic esophagitis. Basically, if I don't take medication for the rest of my life my throat will close off and I will have to be on an all formula diet. No thank you.
- reconnected with my old roommates.
- went country dancing, for about 15 minutes. Promply dislocated/broke my leg. Took 5 weeks off work for recovery.
-went back to work.
- learned a very important lesson while cutting jalepenos.
- I don't remember what happened, which is a good sign.
- Went to South Bend, Chicago and Detroit.
- Got a cat. Her name is Gigi, and I love her.
- Decided that I am done with hospital visits for the next year.
I really can't complain (although I often do). I have a good life. I have great family and friends and love where I am at in life right now.